Monday, May 11, 2009

I've been inspired...

I was inspired over the weekend...we were discussing at work about the things we do to keep tradition and memories in our family, a dear friend of mine was telling us what she does for her kids everynight. She has a leather bound journal for each child and writes in it everyday what they did. Even when on vacation, she'll jot stuff down and when she gets home she'll write in it. Once in a while their Dad will also write in it. And when the children are older and out of the house they'll get their journals as be able to look back at what they did, funny stories, words of wisdom, etc.



It's sort of like a mini scrapbook if you will. She says it's her therapy and I could see why. So, I'm going to start this...I know I love looking back at old pictures and paintings I did for my Mom and Dad, hearing stories that tak you back to when you were a kid. I'm sure Allison and our other children will look back and enjoy this as well.



So hopefully I've helped inspire someone else to pass along memories. Now tomorrow I'm off to find a jounal, my notes are on my nightstand waiting to be put in a journal!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I've been doing this since before Katelynn was born, right after I found out I was pregnant. I think the blogs are a great memory for her, too! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! ♥