Monday, December 15, 2008

Ho, Hum...

Cold weather has set in along with Cold season. Allison hasn't been her self the past week since she's had a bit of a cold, she slept most of the day away last Thursday. So we haven't gotten out too much lately. But here's an update on Allison and our weekend.

Allison has been fighting sleep bad for about the last 2 weeks. As soon as 8:00pm sits in Jeff and I brace our self for the next 2 hours, we know it's going to be rough getting her to sleep and to STAY asleep. But when she finally does get to sleep she sleeps for 6 hours, unfortunately I can't fall asleep until 11:00pm so I only get about 4 hours of sleep before our next feeding. I know that that's a good amount of sleep, but I wish I could get that 6 hours in too.

Allison is getting better at noticing certain routine toys. She has grown very familiar with the mouse above her changing table, she has a mouse, squirrel, and Lamb. Well right now she only really cares about the mouse and every time we lay her down to change her diaper she starts looking at the mouse, cooing, kicking her legs and moving her arms. She just loves the mouse. So Jeff and I decided to name these animals. We know have Miles the Mouse, Sammy the Squirrel and Lucy the Lamb.

Today our bouncer decided to malfunction, this has a frog and monkey that move to music, well the motion and sound on the bouncer decided to stop working. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time. Allison was kicking her legs so hard trying to get her froggy to move, and when she finally figured out that her kicking wasn't getting them to move she just had this perplexed look on her face, I wish I had a camera on when this was happening. It was so neat to have her figure that if she kicks her legs hard enough it makes her toy's move and sound come on.

Today we woke up to bitter cold. It was 7 degrees outside when we woke up this morning. This is the the type of weather I dread and would expect to experience in January when we see our darling niece Katelynn. Well since our bedroom is the warmest room in our house we decided to sleep in and watch T.V. until lunch time. It was soo nice.

Friday we felt a little better so we headed out to Jennifer's to see Grace, Isabelle, Sam, Sophia, Brian and Dillon!

Saturday morning we got to have breakfast with Santa Clause! We also ate breakfast with Mam-maw, Aunt Kellie, Grammy and Grandpa. We also ran into Traci,Zack and Payton, we didn't get to see them too long since Payton wanted to go home (not big on Santa this year) But we still were able to get some cute pics of him as always!

Saturday night we headed out for our first really big outing. We went out for a surprise Party. Allison did really good, quite the snuggle bug that evening. She got many compliments on her party dress that Traci had got her.

Sunday night we went over to Mam-maw and Granddad's for dinner but then the snow snuck in and we headed home earlier than planned due to snow and slick streets.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Can I pretty please see pics of sweet little Allison?

Miss you!!!