It's hard to believe but Emilee is already 2 months old! She's changed so much this last month, she's getting much more active and paying attention to things around her. She's keeping her eyes open longer and smiling and cooing.
She's gonna be a cuddler like her big sis for sure. She currently sleeps about in 4 hour increments at night for me. She's still our "squeaky" baby.Here are Allison and Emilee on St. Patty's Day
All smiles for miss Emilee! Finally in the last 2 nights Emilee's colic has gotten better. We havn't had to give her gas drops either night. She's fallen asleep around 9 o'clock but not for the night which is okay..I'm usually up until 11 on most nights anyway. I've been lucky that for the most part both girls fall asleep for naps around the same time as well. Allison is finally starting get back on the potty training train...and we're working on getting her away from her pacifier again. She completley regressed after Emilee was born on both of these, however she wasn't completely potty trained or broke from her pacifier on all counts. But she's starting to come around and doing good.
Allison is very protective of "her Emilee" and all of her dolls are named Emilee. She can totally change her babie's diapers with actual diapers too! She's a great helper.
If Emilee could sleep on her stomach or side she would sleep much better..I just don't feel comfortable yet..I don't feel that she's strong enough yet. Maybe once she's rolling over.
At Emilee's 2 month appointment today she got all of her vaccinations even the Prevnar which is what Allison had a reaction to and didn't recieve. We pre-medicated her with benadryl and tylenol so hopefully she does ok. Here are her stats:
Emilee-
Height : 22 inches 34%
Weight: 12lbs 13oz 92%
Head: 39cm 56%
and for comparison
Allison-
Height:22 1/2 inches 25%
Weight 14lbs 3 oz 93%
I'm sure if they changed the growth chart measurments or if the nurse wrote them down wrong with Allison (if you look at their length you'll understand) but the Dr's office now uses all computerized print outs so it's not hand written like it used to be.
Emilee likes to look at her surroundings as I said earlier her favorite things to look at are the ceiling fans, the mirror on her swing, Miles the mouse above her changing table. Of course her big sis and the dogs. She loves to be held so she can see everything as you see it. She really only wants to snuggle when she's given up on sleeping. Which she fights on some nights.
Unfortunatly Emile is totally a momma's girl. She'll hang out with daddy but she'll cry until I come around. Luckily Jeff's had a few practice runs with the both of them alone when I play volleyball or go shopping, for when I go back to work on the weekends. I don't go back untl April 30th and I'm doing much better with that than I did with Allison. With Allison I was a complete mess. But of course I would much rather stay home full time with the girls. Who wouldn't when they grow up so fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment