So the first month has come and gone already way too fast. We've had a very eventful month. We came home to Allison being sick. Then Uncle Jason Aunt Sandy and Katelynn came in town to meet our newest addition to the family. And while they were here Jeff started getting sick. We had a great visit with our Wisconsin family. Allison and Katelynn played non-stop. They get along great for as little as they see each other and have a great imagination together at such a young age.
While they were here Emilee started to not sleep as well flat on her back and started spitting up more frequently. I finally gave up towards 4 in the morning and decided to through her in bed with me so I could get some sleep.
| Here's Emilee after her bath with her crazy hair :) |
On tuesday after I took Allison to preschool I called the doctor about her sleeping and spitting up plus at this point she started sounding congested in her nose. So I took her in and low and behold she was diagnoised with RSV. They suctioned her there and got a lot of stuff out. Her oxygen levels were great so we didn't need to admit her to a hospital. That whole week we had her suctioned and on wednesday we got her suctioned twice. We were also giving her a tsp of pedialyte to help wash down the milk after feedings if she ate. I did have to pump a few times to help keep my supply up so when she got to feeling better we were all caught up. So it was a long week of going into the doctors office everyday and being soculded into our house as we couldn't get her around any babies or take her into grocery stores or Target. I'm really starting to get cabin fever and have been running out with Allison or taking all of us to my parents on the weekend just to get out for dinner and see some other faces.
This last Saturday Jeff took E to the doctor, she was sounding congersted again and still doesn't sleep well completely flat. Luckly everything was ok, Dr W said the RSV can come back ( which we knew) but instead to do some decongetion nasal drops. E got weighed and is coming in at 10lbs and 2 oz!!! She is also not fitting into her 0-3 sleepers thanks to her growing feet. So far she hasn't lost any of her gorgeous hair...and I pray she doesn't.
Emilee is starting to smile and recognize us...especially her big sister Allison.
Allison is adjusting great to being a big sister, of course she has her moments where she just wants Mommy and doesn't want to share me with anyone else. But she's so loving on her little sister and sometimes maybe a little too loving on her as we have to tell her "don't squeeze her so hard." as she says, "Aww I love you Emilee!" in the sweetest voice. I can't wait to see these two grow up together and how they'll be with each other. I know that my Mom says I was nice to my sister (who's 2 yrs younger than me) growing up....but I remember being very onrey with her and picking on her a lot. But didn't let anyone else pick on her.

No comments:
Post a Comment