Thursday, August 28, 2008

This week at the Shultz House....

Saturday after the Shower Jeff and I went shopping for cars, we were able to find an Envoy. Sunday we ran some errands and did a little cleaning. Tuesday I did some stuff around the house, kind of felt weird, felt a little crampy and little sore like maybe the baby was trying to get lower but was able to walk around ok. Then we traded in our Car for the Envoy. Wednesday was our exciting day. I woke up not feeling like my self. I layed in bed most of the morning then around 12:30 I started noticing that my stomach was tightening up more and more with some pain.My back was really hurting. So of course I procrastinated a little and made sure I was actually feeling like I might be contracting. Trying to time them, Pushed the fluids, took a shower then of course called the Office. I didn't think it was anything to really freak out about but was a little concerned. I had this shooting pain on my Left upper abdomen that correlated with the tightening, I didn't think that it was a true contraction, but again I wasn't sure. I was able to carry a conversation and walk around the house but I was having at least 6 of these Braxton Hicks in an hour. On all days of the week I call the only day my doctor is out of the office, the on-call doctor of course wants me to go to Labor and Delivery. So I try to get a hold of Jeff, he doesn't answer his phone as many times as I call over and over again. So I call his office and have them beep him over the Nextel. Then he calls me, tells me he's in Belton, so when he finally makes it home we head to Shawnee Mission. There we get put on the monitor. The baby's heart rate was good and strong fluctuating between 120 and 150 depending on much it wanted to move. After doing a urine sample and being monitored of course the contractions aren't as frequent, but we are having contractions. Turns out I have a UTI(urinary tract infection) and those can cause more frequent braxton hicks contractions. Let me tell you how relieved I am at this point but also embarrassed. We get our antibiotic called in, come home and relax. But while we were there we found out I'm not dilated which was my main concern with all the pressure I had had and the baby is head down!!! So.. note to self, UTI's cause increased Braxton Hicks.

Week 32

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yikes! I am glad that everything is under control. Relax a little bit this weekend!